Rabbi Adam Feldman
Spiritual Leader of The Jewish Center
Rabbi Adam Feldman joined The Jewish Center in the summer of 2005 after serving for six years as Assistant and Associate Rabbi at Temple Beth Sholom in Roslyn Heights, NY. He received his ordination from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America in New York in 1999. His formal education included receiving a BA from Rutgers University in Hebraic Studies, participating in the USY NATIV Leadership Program in Israel as well as studying at the Hebrew University and Machon Schechter in Jerusalem. Prior to Rabbinical School, Rabbi Feldman worked for many years in synagogue and Jewish communal work, including working as a Program Director and senior staff member in national youth organizations and other prominent synagogues.
Since coming to The Jewish Center, Rabbi Feldman has been closely involved in many of our lifelong learning opportunities by creating educational programs for all of our school-age families. He really enjoys getting to know the individuals and families in our community and is available to provide support, guidance and counsel. He was part of the educational team that created our new #SULAM Hebrew High School Program and teaches in this innovative program. Rabbi Feldman works closely with Cantor Warschauer and the Religious Affairs Committee to create inspiring Shabbat and Holiday services and programs. He is also a passionate teacher in our Adult Learning Program. He feels very strongly about welcoming all members to our congregation, including the interfaith families in our community. He has helped us receive national awards for synagogue programming and has helped us attract recognized Jewish thinkers for Shabbat and Adult Learning programs. He strives to inspire the congregation through his sermons, classes, writings and many other ways. Amongst the most important issues to Rabbi Feldman is Jewish pride for all ages and a deep connection to Jewish ethics and the State of Israel.
Rabbi Feldman is involved in a number of community activities including:
- Co-Chair of the Board of the Committee for Religious Ministries at Penn Medicine – Princeton Health Care System
- Board Member of Trinity Counseling Services
- Chaplain to the Princeton Police Department
- Guest Lecturer at the Princeton Theological Seminary
- Member of the Princeton-Mercer-Bucks Jewish Community Relations Council
- AIPAC Synagogue Initiative
- Board Member for the Central New Jersey Region of the American Jewish Committee
- Chancellor’s Rabbinic Leadership Council of the Jewish Theological Seminary
- Past President of the Board of Rabbis of the UJA Federation of Princeton-Mercer-Bucks
- United Jewish Federation of Princeton – Mercer - Bucks Board of Directors
- Vice President of Programming for the Princeton Clergy Association
- Member of the NJ State Human Relations Council
- Part of the Rabbinic Delegation of the American Jewish World Service
- Active at the Abrams Hebrew Academy in Yardley, PA
- Co-Chair of The Rutgers Hillel - Conservative Rabbinic Initiative
- The Rabbinical Assembly of America - Isreal Advocacy Committee
- UJC Rabbinic Cabinet
Rabbi Feldman is married to Sara Bucholtz, a corporate lawyer, and they live in Princeton with their children Talia, Dena, and Ilan.
Send an email to Rabbi Feldman or call him at 609-921-0100, ext. 203.