Welcome to The Jewish Center! Serving many Central Jersey communities, we aim to provide our members of all ages with opportunities for spiritual, intellectual, social and Jewish growth.
Our congregation warmly welcomes Jewish and interfaith families, couples and singles into our highly diverse community. We are egalitarian in all respects and our congregants have strong connections - to each other, to the Jewish community as a whole, and to our Israeli brothers and sisters. We are affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ) www.uscj.org.
We define ourselves, not only by where we have been, but by where we are going. We are always seeking to grow while remaining rooted in our unique tradition and a list of our goals, culled from input from our members, staff and lay leaders is below.
We are an energetic, enthusiastic congregation with creative holiday and Shabbat programing and we encourage our members to take part in services, classes and activities. We hope you will visit us and we look forward to welcoming you to our community.
Our goals are to:
- Ensure that our nursery and religious schools offer outstanding educational programs
- Develop and strengthen Jewish identity and involvement for pre-teens and teens
- Provide opportunities for lifelong learning
- Encourage membership and participation of young families
- Increase programming to meet the needs of and engage the baby-boom generation (ages 50-65) and seniors (over age 65)
- Serve the larger Jewish and secular community with projects that reflect our heritage of Tikkun Olam
- Encourage more members to experience Shabbat and holidays at home and at The Jewish Center
- For more information on membership please visit the Membership page, contact our office at 609-921-0100 x205 or email us.